Saturday, 15 September 2012


Belle's British Boys- Ben Whishaw


Name: Ben Whishaw (Benjamin John Whishaw)
Current age: 31

What he’s known for: He’s known for his breakthrough role as ‘Hamlet’ which I, as a fan, am extremely embarrassed to say I haven’t seen, especially since there is a recorded copy out there- somewhere.


Why I fell in love with him: The first thing I saw him in was ‘Perfume: The Story of a Murderer’, and adaptation of the famous book. It’s not like I’m some sort of sadistic girl who likes creepy guys, even though some of my friends may joke that I am (at least I hope it’s a joke.) I just really appreciate a spot of ruddy good acting, and boy did he show that he has the potential to be a star.

The rest: I know him for many other things. One is ‘Brideshead Revisted’ which has a marvellous cast (it’s with Hayley Atwell and Matthew Goode, and I urge you to watch it merely just for them.) I’ve also seen him in ‘Love Hate’- also with Hayley Atwell. That’s a really short film, so if you just wanna’ get a taste of what he’s like you can find it on the BBC website. Where exactly, I can’t remember. All the more fun for you! I’ve also seen him in ‘Bright Star’ which for me emphasised how silly and peculiar and divine he is. Mind you, it’s a slow film. I’m not entirely sure if I even finished watching it, so beware. There’s also ‘the hour’ which also has an absolutely suburb cast with Dominic West, Romola Garai (love ‘er) and Anna Chancellor. That’s definitely an easy one to get into- even my parents enjoyed it. As it happens there’s a second series coming out sometime soon so go go go.

What to see him in next: As I said, you can soon see him in ‘the hour’, but there’s plenty more of him to be passed around. He’s in the new bond film as ‘Q’ so he’ll probably get a lot of exposure then, so if you want to be part of those annoying people who like claiming to like actors before they got famous start stalking now. He’s also going to be in ‘Cloud Atlas’, a film which I’ve gathered regards the consequences of people’s actions affecting the past, present and future. He’s also going to be in ‘Peter and Alice’ sometime next year with Judi Dench, which I’m uber excited about because I’ve got tickets for it! I’m so incredibly happs. You might be able to get tickets to see it yourself if you look in the right places, last time I checked you could even get tickets for a tenner.

My favourite Ben Whishaw quote: ‘I'd quite like to be a gardener, that would be awesome. I genuinely think I could be happy doing that. Gardening, painting, reading - that would make me really happy’

To save you the stalking effort:
https://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&tok=5ccqs7PxlhrSYfkb3USlHg&cp=6&gs_id=q&xhr=t&q=ben+whishaw&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_cp.r_qf.&biw=1024&bih=442&wrapid=tljp134662418624008&um=1&ie=UTF-8&tbm=isch&source=og&sa=N&tab=wi&ei=vNpDUIL7G6Kt0QWJ54CICw

P.S. I thought that it was mean to make you go and chase up that link so I found it for you, it’s actually ridiculously easy to find. Here you go:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/filmnetwork/films/p00h4rx7

No comments:

Post a Comment