Wednesday, 21 November 2012

Hokey pokey cookies

I have only recently found this recipe in a massive book titled 'Cookies!' Good book to own I think. I adapted the recipe a bit to make it more exciting and I stuck a giant white chocolate button in the middle just because I could. You however can stick in smarties, chocolate chips and anything else you could ever wish for in a cookie. Hokey Pokey is basically toffee flavour and the name originates from New Zealand, therefore these cookies have a similar toffee style and taste great with a glass of milk or on their own.
 

INGREDIENTS:

·         125g butter
·         150g caster sugar
·         1 tablespoon milk
·         1 tablespoon of golden syrup
·         1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
·         1 teaspoon cinnamon
·         225g plain flour

 

METHOD:

1.       Preheat the oven to gas mark 4/180 C and line a baking sheet (or two) with baking parchment.
2.       Put the butter, sugar, milk and golden syrup in a saucepan and melt gently until it’s a lovely smooth golden colour. Remove from the heat and cool for about 15-20mins.
3.       After that stir the flour, bicarbonate of soda and cinnamon into the melted mixture, a bit at a time, and stir until it's all combined.
4.       Now you should have dough that is easy to handle. Roll bits into small balls and place on the baking tray (on the parchment) and press down with your hand. You can make them small of big, depends on what kind of cookies you like! Press your extra ingredients onto the top of the flattened cookies at this moment.
TOP TIP: these cookies spread out so I would space them out and leave 4-5cm in between each flattened dough ball.
5.       Bake for around 15mins and don't be alarmed the cookies do puff up quite a lot but they sink and become deliciously chewy when you take them out of the oven.
6.       Let them cool for a couple of minutes before transferring them to a cooling rack.
 
Enjoy the lovely tastes of winter in a cookie and add some extra spices if you are feeling adventurous!
 

6 comments:

sophiebeauty said...

These look soooo good! x

http://www.facebook.com/ObsessiveCompulsiveBeautyBlog

Pretty Little Things said...

Yum, these look amazing! :)

Nerea isabel said...

Yeah I am quite new in this world :P
Those cookies look delicious! I'll have to try!
I am following your blog, I would really appreciate if you could do the same!
Thank you :)

http://8melite.blogspot.com.es/

Coco said...

They look really yummy xx

Vanessa said...

Definitely on my to-do list. These look so good. Damn my sweet tooth xx

Pink Fox said...

They look delicious! I really have to try them myself. :)
xx

I'd be really happy if you'd stop by my blog as well. :)
Pink Fox

Post a Comment