Monday, 12 November 2012

Monday's Music Mix #10

‘SHAKE ME DOWN’ - CAGE THE ELEPHANT

MINI SAYS... I've gotten back into taking my headphones with me to school so I can listen to music on the bus home. I happen to have a small selection of songs on my phone, quite a few are from Cage the Elephant. I'm not sure why, but I do enjoy their music. I'd say that ‘Shake Me Down’ was my favourite as its heavy drum beat and rocker style guitar cause me to sing, headbang and air guitar down the street. It's bright, ballsy and everything you need after a hard day sat in a classroom and you just need to blow off some steam.
 

‘THE SONG OF PURPLE SUMMER’- SPRING AWAKENING

BELLE SAYS... Yes, it has everything to do with the fact that I went to go and see a production of ‘spring awakening’ with Zee last week in support of a friend of mine who was part of the chorus. I was miming along to all of the lyrics to the songs (Zee had banned me from singing out loud) and right at the end this song popped up, and I sat their blushing because I didn’t know a single word. It’s a sublime spine chilling song. For a musical so jam packed with teenage angst and other things... it’s extremely thoughtful, and comes as a breath of fresh air. It’s loverly. I strongly advise you to listen to it, and the other songs, it you have the time (you better make time).
 

‘22’-TAYLOR SWIFT

ZEE SAYS... I have only been listening to Taylor Swift recently so I give you another tune off of 'Red'. This is very much a simple song that tells a story and one that will put a smile on all of the people who listen to it. Taylor Swift the queen of the hipsters proclaims that loud and clear in this new song. And I really want to see a video, but I don't know if she'll actually make one... Maybe I'll have a go at making one!
 

‘MILLIONAIRES’- THE SCRIPT

GENIE SAYS... I love The Script- always have and always will- however I was a bit late in buying their new album #3. (Mini did a great review about it a couple of weeks back.) With my late buy I fell in love with the song ‘Millionaires’; it's just so brilliantly written. The lyrics are fabulous and the tune is so catchy that I just can't help myself dance and spin around in my room not caring if anyone was to walk in. It's a love song that is so un-cheesy but heartfelt at the same time that it just makes me question how it’s even possible. This song is the reason I have made it through the first week back at school.

No comments:

Post a Comment