Monday, 26 November 2012

Monday's music mix #11

'TRY'- PINK

MINI SAYS... "Where there is desire there is gonna be a flame. Where there is a flame someone's bound to get burned. Just because it burns doesn't mean you're gonna die." This has pretty much got to be the most blunt any songwriter has been about heartbreak (forgetting Taylor Swift who seems very 'Bitch, please' about the whole she-bang). It's very much get up, get on and get over it. Don't let the memories cause you grief and don't waste your life wanting someone who obviously doesn't want you. I'm a very laid back person but I'm insistent on getting back on the horse after you've fallen off. That's why we play the field when we're young, we bounce back quicker. The song is stunning and so is the video. For the few moments I managed to tear my eyes from the guy's abs to appreciate the dancing it enthralled me. I'd say it was one to watch.
 

'BEST THING I NEVER HAD'- BEYONCE

BELLE SAYS... I’ve gone on a Beyonce craze recently, and her fans out there will know why. Her performance is just... Beyond words. She falls down a flight of stairs and gets back up and continues to dance. She’s dazzling. I’ve been listening to this song over and over again, channelling my inner Beyonce, despite being a pale arse skinny girl. It’s one of those songs you start pumping out when you’re a teen and you’re used to being rejected by all of those pretty guys. It’s sort of like the feeling you want to get when you walk into your end of year prom looking beyond beautiful (well, one can hope) and that guy you’ve been pining after just stares. And you’re like ‘hell yeah’ ‘it sucks to be you right now’.It’s filled with vanity but also helps out with a tad bit of self-esteem. So yeah, all you boys you are the ‘best thing I never had’, actually you’re not even the best.

 

'CANDY'- ROBBIE WILLIAMS 

ZEE SAYS...Okay so I have never been a Take That or Robbie Williams die hard fan but I do love the annoying catchy ness of this song. In my DT class we have decided that Robbie can sing, he just can't write songs very well... But as this song is written by Gary Barlow (Can you ever say his name without the accent?) I have no qualms about going around college singing it. Yes I am the crazy one who does that. The video is really rather hilarious, Robbie punches a pensioner, causes some car crashes, bursts into flames and his leading lady is Kaya Scodelario - aka Effy from Skins - and is great at playing the 'bitch who leaves a trail of destruction wherever she goes!' I warn you though the song is catchy and you will find yourself humming it whoever you go this week, but that doesn't mean it's bad at all!
 

'CALIFORNIA 37'- TRAIN 

GENIE SAYS... I'm not normally into this type of music. I prefer the guitar and a lovely musical melody that Has some deep meaning and all that jazz. However I bought the train cd a few weeks ago but have only got around to listening to it this week (I know really bad). I fell in love with this song. I heard it first and was like no I am going to hate this but I didn't. It's lifted my mood and made me dance around my room all weekend. My parents are sick of it already and I was only home for a few hours. Train you've done it again. A musical master piece.

3 comments:

Nessi said...

great choices! :)
love your blog.
i follow you.
could you follow me back?
xoxo
nessi from hungary
www.ourdrug.blogspot.com

Heidi-likes said...

I love a bit of Beyonce, such a goddess! x

http://heidi-likes.blogspot.co.uk

Adele said...

I'm loving Pink right now!
Would love you to check out my latest outfit post :)
Have a fab Tuesday Hun xoxo
http://www.intotheblonde.com/

Post a Comment