Monday, 5 November 2012

Monday's music mix #9

‘DARK BLACK’- KRISTINA TRAIN

MINI SAYS... It's a beautifully crafted song, quite soulful and almost like smooth jazz. People on the Internet have compared the sound to that of "Mr Bone-jangles" but I don't agree, it's too delicate and precious to sound like that. Kristina herself has a stunning voice; I'd compare her to Norah Jones or Lana Del Ray after a dose of cough syrup. I'm not the only one who thinks she's amazing, Dido tweeted earlier in the week that Kristina has a "beautiful voice"! A compliment if there ever was one.
 

‘ALL THE ROWBOATS’- REGINA SPEKTOR

BELLE SAYS... It’s surreal, gosh I hate saying that, but I feel like it just is. You’ve got the angelic tones of her voice, the notes of a piano and the beats of a drum- it almost sounds ritualistic. It’s like the music of a witch hunt mixed with a child on a swing singing- kinda’ creepy I know. I don’t think I even know what the lyrics actually song, I just love the way it sounds. It’s haunting and majestic; it’s perfect for girls who have their heads in the clouds- girls like me. In fact all of her music is like that, dreamy- ever so dreamy. I highly recommend anything she sings- it is the mere definition of beautiful.
 

‘TROUBLE’- TAYLOR SWIFT

ZEE SAYS... A sound never really heard from Taylor before, auto tune! I hear you gasp and so you may, but it works so well and ‘Trouble’ is a really good song. Whenever it comes on through my headphones I just have to dance and sing-a-long… even if I’m on the train or walking down the street! Yeah, I get some odd looks but I don’t know those people so I don’t really care about what they think of me! So I suggest you go and listen to this tune and even though it may confuse your mind a tad, I predict you will be up and dancing in the carriage with me before long!
 

‘TROUBLEMAKER’- OLLY MURS FEAT. FLO RIDA

GENIE SAYS... Olly Murs is back!! I know he has just come back from an amazing tour in the USA. How I wish I was there... *drifting off into my imagination*.  ‘Troublemaker’ is a typical Olly Murs song it has the catchy tune and the music video has his grovey little dance moves. Perfection. However what caught my eyes when I saw the title of the song was the fact Mr Flo Rider was a part of the single. I saw it originally in the common room and my friends and I were very confused when Flo Rida’s name came up I was waiting for the worst. I was pleasantly surprised though. Now the rap isn’t completely needed but hey it works, a bit random but it works. Plus Olly Murs is just a beautiful, beautiful man.

No comments:

Post a Comment