Friday, 16 November 2012

The Hour, one hour, many familiar faces

I sit writing this in the bath (rather than the kitchen sink). For any fans of 'I capture the castle' I'm sure you'll have caught onto my allusion to the first line of the book, and quite handily for any fans of the film, you'll happy to hear (or know) that the wonderful Romola Garai is quite a feature in this post as well.
The show dropped a few clangers, and a lot has moved on and changed since the first series. What's most important? I think even if you hadn't had the chance to watch the first series (which you should, you most definitely should) you can still follow- very easily. That isn't to say the programme follows the status quo- far from it. It's scandalous, shocking, and quite murder mystery-esqe. Even though people aren't actually getting killed off right, left and centre.
What do I care most about? The very fabulous cast, everything about it screams divinity. It has some of the biggest names in the British tv and film industry.

 

THE ACTORS WHOSE CHARACTERS YOU SHOULD CARE ABOUT, EVEN IF ONLY FOR THE ACTORS PLAYING THEM:

THE ONES YOU PROBABLY KNOW:

·         Dominic West- Anyone who knows anything will know who Dominic West is, he pretty brilliant, but really hate the character. He’s a charmer, and charmer West plays. For once I actually hear myself saying too much swag is bad.
·         Ben Whishaw- Anyone who knows anything about rising British stars will knows about Whishaw, I did a post about him way back when (I don’t actually know when). He’s brilliant, even my parents think so, which means I don’t just like him because he has a ‘nice face’.
·         Romola Garai- Anyone who knows anything about British films will recognise Garai, she’s been so many things. Whilst she carried every character with this aura of sophistication and elegance, she’s versatile. It’s nice to actually like an actress for a change- I always find their faults.
·         Anna Chancellor- She’s a lady whose face you’ll recognise, she’s effortlessly slick and yet she’s also been in chick films like ‘st trinians’ and ‘what a girl wants’- her character is the perfect match to Whishaw’s- not in a physical lustful way, although that kind of did happen...
·         Oona Chaplin-She’s gorgeous, and again in more ways that just her face. Honestly, she’s one of my favourite characters. Which is strange, I usually hate women like her. She’s just a darling who is a victim of circumstance- I can’t help feel sorry for her. Recognise her face by any chance? She’s been in Game of Thrones that might help ring those bells.

THE ONES I WANT YOU TO KNOW:

·         Max Fowler- First thing you should do? Look up his acting profile picture, it’s gorgeous- really sincere. Small role in this week’s episode, but he might just turn up again, hope so. He’s got real potential.
·         Joe Cole- He’s the lad of skins, who they meet in Morocco and who kind of makes the events spiral out of control. He’s got a habit of playing a bad boy and the ‘next week’ clips show promise for more of that next week. Lucky us.
As for the tv show? It’s clever, gripping and a little bit old school- just the way I like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment