Sunday, 30 December 2012

Day to night: The burgundy hat

I love it, love it, love it. I had been looking for a reasonably-priced beige floppy hat for quite some time, but happilly settled for this darling. I've already got a beige hat, so this burgundy piece is a perfect addition to my wadrobe, nevermind a great piece since burgundy is very in right now. It stays true to my style whilst staying with the fashion trends.

COLOUR MATCHINGS: The best thing about burgundy is that when worn with different hues of pink and red it fits perfectly, as long as they aren't layered on top of one another. In my day look the burgundy draws out the dark pink tones of the dress, and in my night look is balanced well by my wine coloured trousers. For the day look I like to stay true to more earthly colours, so pair it with more browns and beiges, but for the night look stark contrasts are key to the look. The stark contrast between the burgundy and the white and the black is what makes it a night look. It becomes unitentional colour blocking.
THE TWO W'S- WHO AND WHEN? The floppy hat is a universally flattering shape for all shapes and sizes, as it works well to frame your face- that's why I consider it to be such a key accessory. It's flattering as well as classy. Also, the hat can be worn all year around. The best thing about floppy hats (and hats in general) for long faces is that if it fits well, your hair flairs from out underneath the brim, making your face look more proportionaly in width and length.


DO YOU WANT ONE?

1 comment:

Victoria Jane. said...

It looks so good on you!
I love how you style it with your lovely clothes
xo

Post a Comment