Friday, 21 December 2012

Calling all pears for a winter outfit

GENIE WEARS... SKIRT- FAT FACE, BLOUSE- H&M, SHOES- PRIMARK, NECKLACE- PRIMARK, HAT- NON-STOP PARTY SHOP, BROWN RING- NEW LOOK, SILVER RING- MARKET STALL

A few weeks ago Belle made a post saying how we wanted this to be more than just another beauty and fashion blog but wanted this blog to inspire and empower our readers. Everyone suffers from insecurities and we wanted to help in the only ways we knew. This is my first post trying to promote this philosophy. So, let’s get down to business.
 
I am a very obvious pear shape. My hips are almost twice the size of my waist and I have fairly narrow shoulders. The situation was simple, my mission clear: I needed an outfit to hide my big bum and I found it.
 
One maxi high wasted skirt, one blouse, one pair of high heels and some brilliant accessories make my out favourite winter outfit. The skirt is what makes this outfit for me, because it sits on the waist it makes my legs look longer than they actually are (although the heels do help too). It also covers my behind and my hips by simply draping over them rather than hugging them. Plus the navy colour is incredibly slimming. A dark bottom has to be paired with a light coloured top and the natural colour I go for is white.
 
 I love this top because it’s so float-y and it’s brilliant for this outfit. It works well as it balances out my shoulders and my hips making me look more proportional. The necklace is just to make the outfit more personal. It was originally my mother’s but is no longer hers- simple. It's big and bulky making a brilliant contrast to the soft texture of the blouse. It was Belle has always loved- hard and soft. It's not an outfit that is figure hugging but one that's a bit freer and one that is brilliant for a causal meet up with the girls or even a great outfit for a lunch date. For all the pear ladies out there, invest in a maxi skirt, it will do wonders.

No comments:

Post a Comment