Thursday, 27 December 2012

Flora by Gucci: Glamorous Magnolia


At school I have this friend who prides herself on her perfume. She always wears Daisy by Marc Jacobs and if I ever smell it or someone mentions the perfume my mind automatically thinks of her. It’s her scent. Now it’s not unusual for people to have a scent. That smell that always reminds you of some person or a thing. I wanted a sent. Now I have used perfumes but I always changed and never kept one. So this Christmas I asked my parents for a perfume. One that might be a bit expensive but one I would always wear. However it was harder than I thought to choose.
 
My mother and I went to Boots to find the perfect perfume. There were sales assistants right, left and centre, ready to spray you and persuade you that that perfume was the one you must buy. It was a scary sight especially with all the Christmas shoppers running everywhere. I was sure I was going to get crushed. However I made it out alive and with a perfume that I fell in love with; Flora by Gucci The Garden Collection.
This collection has three different perfumes – Gracious Tuberose, Gorgeous Gardenia and Glamorous Magnolia. Now they are all flowery and fruity smells, hence the name Garden Collection. If that’s not your type of smell then I don’t think this perfume would be your cup of tea. The one I fell in love with was with Glamorous Magnolia. It smelt good enough to eat. It really is a wonderful scent. It’s sweet fruity and smells just like watermelon. It’s clean, fun and just a tad bit flirty. However it is a scent for a young woman. Now that is not to say that more mature people won’t like it, but it is a scent that lends itself to the younger generation.
Anyhow I am in love with the scent. My sister complimented me on it and that in itself is praise enough for me. Now I will just have to get the opinion of the boys…
Even if that goes badly, I'll be happy knowing that I smell good enough to eat.

1 comment:

Matilda Delaporte said...

Aww this is wonderful. My parents bought me Coco Mademoiselle for Christmas. Made me feel super special. It's the little things that count!

Lots of love,

M A T I L D A
@ohsokitsch #osk

Post a Comment