Sunday, 9 December 2012

Magpie buys


WHERE FROM? Clerkenwell Vintage Fair

HOW MUCH? £10 (necklace), £15 (ring)


 
Mini said it before, and I’ll say it again, I’m an absolute magpie when it comes to jewellery, and I found these little gems when we were both at the Clerkenwell Vintage Fair. Before I get onto the actual items at hand I just want to say something: always haggle. It’s ironic because I’m always too scared to, but my dad got that ring down from £20 to £15, the sellers have the items at the original price because they expect people to haggle. So be brave!
 
I adore this necklace; it’s a stunningly simple piece. If you like this piece I’d advise going to the fair in question yourself, because quite a few stalls were selling the same necklace in the same colour, as well as bracelets to match. It’s going to really help dress up my casual looks, my just giving them a bit more glam. It almost reminds me of some sort of the family heir loom (of course not as expensive as actual ones). Ironically, when I wear it with a dress I’m going to wear it as a way of filling a gap if my top is open, because in this instance it will understated and not draw attention away from the dress. It’s merely the most versatile necklace I own- delightful.
 
As for the ring, I happen to be wearing it as I type it. You’ll notice that one of the stones has been replaced with a green stone, but I think that makes it even more perfect. When it comes to vintage rings I think they need to look used- they need to look loved. Being an essay subject kind of gal, and writing elsewhere too, I have a collection of writing rings and this is certainly one of them. All I have to do is look down, and somehow I’ll be able to pull out a piece of inspiration from the ring on my finger. Sounds strange, but it’s true.

2 comments:

Megan Samantha said...

these are very pretty xx

Vicky Hoang said...

what a gorgeous piece! :)

Check out my blog at: Caught in a Daze.

Post a Comment