Wednesday, 16 January 2013

2013, be happier please

New Year means new you, or at least an opportunity to be. I am sure that is what many of us tell ourselves on New Year ’s Eve, but the next day nothing really changes. The day you’re going to start keeping fit is always tomorrow.  I’ve been saying that I want to lose weight for a couple of years but it’s never really happened.  But this year I’ve taken a new approach just be happier and healthier. Now I know this seems really silly and very vague as well but it in fact it is very simple.

For me 2013 is all about being positive and not looking back on what could have been. I am not going to let anything get to me nothing at all (or try very hard to). I’m going to try and not get upset by the guy I like no talking to me, or the fact I don’t fit into the dress I loved last year, or petty things like my makeup not being perfect..  Now I know it’s not going to be easy but I’ve got some tricks up my sleeve that I think will make 2013 my year.
  1. POSITIVE THOUGHTS: Keep a record of all the positives of the day. Write them in a book like a diary but make sure it is the very last thing you do. That means instead of going to sleep worrying about something, you have all the positive thoughts in your head to keep them away.
  2.  EXCERCISE: I know we all hate it but exercise quite simply has to be done. You feel so much better afterwards and it gets you fit- double bonus.  Do it with a friend, that way you can force each other into doing it- friendly forcing of course.
  3. TIME OUT: This is going to be hard for me and I am sure for most people. One day a month I am going to disconnect my internet and all my electronics. It’s like a detox.  I am as guilty as the next person to say my phone lives on me. This day will just clear my head of all those silly games and messages that are on there and just allow me to be a bit more free. Plus, people enjoyed themselves without electronics before, so one day shouldn’t hurt.
  4. READ MORE/PROJECT WORK: I know Belle and Zee are doing this but I really loved reading before A-levels. Since being in a new school I’ve never really had the time to read but I am starting again. I know reading is not for everyone but everyone has some sort of project. Some sort of art perhaps like scrap booking. It doesn’t have to be geared towards your future, just something you love doing.
Four things that I am convincing myself that I will do just to make life a little brighter and just make the most of 2013. Boy, I’m going to try.

No comments:

Post a Comment