Monday, 7 January 2013

52 books, 1 year

Looking back at 2012 I found I didn’t read that many books. Other things got in the way (school, exams and sometimes just plain tiredness), and I've missed it.

52 books in one year-1 book a week- which sounds pretty reasonable to me. The beginning of the year is a time for resolutions, so I've set myself a reading challenge. I’ve got a stack of books I have been saving for this challenge and started on New Year’s Day. It really is going to be a challenge now my journey to school has changed- I have less time to read. The train takes only 10-15 mins and I usually walk the other 20 mins (up a hill may I add). Have you ever tried to read and walk? It’s really difficult, not to mention the number of odd looks you receive.  I'm recording what I read as I go, and hopefully will have 52 in number by the end of the year.

I’m not a particularly fast reader so this will definitely be a challenge, but to motivate me even further I’ve decided to do weekly book reviews of whatever I have read that week. Starting with this one, borrowed from Mini a few weeks ago. After reading a draft of this post, Belle, who loves a good competition, was inspired by my commitment and decided she would join in the challenge too. Looks like we've got a bit of a friendly competition, let the reading commence.

6 comments:

Vicky said...

This is a great idea! I didn't read nearly as much as I would have liked to last year and I'm a pretty fast reader so it's just finding 52 new books that interest me. x

Belle Culkin said...

Don't worry, there will be a post up later of the books Zee and I have read this week. We both enjoyed them, and if they're not quite what you want, we have other suggestions too! Hopefully there will be one which takes your fancy xx

Alexis said...

This is such a good idea, i have loads of books on my shelf that need reading but i always seem to be too busy. The most books i've read in a year is 16, not quite 52 but Im going to give it a go!

xo

Zee Leonard said...

Thank you, and good luck. I'd love to hear how you get on. Hopefully we'll both achieve it together. xx

Zee Leonard said...

I'm glad you like it. As Belle has said there will hopefully be 2 book reviews up a week and I'm not planning to just read new books. I have LOADS of old books on my shelf that I love but have completely forgotten about, so i'm planning to read those as well. I would love to hear how you get on if you decide to do the challenge. x

Annabelle said...

This is a brilliant idea! I'm not ambitious enough to aim for 52 but one of my resolutions was to read more this year so I'll keep kicking myself to pick up my books more often.
Good luck to you!

Post a Comment