Saturday, 19 January 2013

Benefit: She's So Jetset Makeup Kit

Ahh, make-up. It can be a girl’s best friend, but also her worst enemy. However, this little set from Benefit really is all you need. Rather than wading through eyeshadows and drowning in lipgloss, this little palette promises to sit you down with a cup of tea and one of those nice chocolate biscuits with the hole in from M&S and you'll be feeling back to your bright and cheery self in no time at all. It's fabulous for shoving in your handbag on the run, or just lobbing in your suitcase for a weekend away. I'm sure I'm going to be dependent on it for a while to come. 

'She's So Jetset' Make-up Kit contains a guide to help you reach that desired effortless look as well as:


MINI 'THE POREFESSIONAL': 

I have the full sized version of this and have nearly finished it so was dying for a new one (but I'm going to squeeze every last drop out - waste not want not!). It's a silky balm which can be applied under or over makeup to reduce the appearance of pores and fine lines. It's sheer so suits all skin tones and is completely oil free so those with oily skin (like me) have no problems using it. It also contains Vitamin E which is known to protect skin. I tend to apply it after moisturising, underneath my foundation on places where my pores are most visible and it gives my foundation a smooth and flawless finish. This product really is a godsend and if you try it, you'll be as addicted as I am. 

MINI 'THEY'RE REAL' MASCARA:

So I'm one of those people that wanders into a Benefit store, chats to the clerk about buying a product and part of their attempt to convince you to buy will be to try the product on you. The attendant put this on and I fell in love faster than a pig falls off a cliff. My lashes are of reasonable length anyway but I could feel them tapping my brown bone every time I looked up. The specially shaped brush is great for getting all the lashes as well as those on the end. It separates and lifts for a great doe eyed look. It seriously is the best mascara I've ever tried. Nothing will compare. Ever.

'FIRST CLASS' FACE POWDER AND BRUSH:

They refer to this as a face powder but if you read the booklet closely, it's actually a blusher (the pink toned side) and a highlighter (the creamier toned side). I'm about 98% certain that the blusher tone here is 'Dandelion' which I adore (I have the full sized one already) as it works well on my 'peaches-and-cream' complexion. It might not look so good on darker skin as it is quite a pale pink but the texture is wonderful and it blends to look really natural. The highlighter, I'm pretty sure is the shade 'Lucky Shell' which although Benefit don't sell alone, it is the palest shade in the 'Hervana' Good Karma Face Powder. Due to my oily skin I've been quite reluctant to try highlighters because if you get it wrong, you're just going to look worse than normal. However, I've tried and I quite like it. The shimmer is very subtle and when blended with the blusher it gives you a natural and radiant glow.

'LIFE ON THE A-LIST' LIPGLOSS:

The first thing I thought when I saw the lipgloss was, 'Ooh! What a pretty colour!' And it is. It's a very pearly pinky gloss. I was shocked when I opened it to use and looked at the applicator. Considering the eyeshadow applicator given, I expected just your average lipgloss stick/sponge thing. It's not, it's got a brush on the end! Which I, being the person I am with no excitement in my life, got really joyous about. Sad, I know. It did make applying the product a lot easier for me. The gloss did seem a bit sticky to start with but as long as you don't apply too much and rub it in its fine to wear. The colour lasts a reasonable time for a lipgloss and compliments the tone of the blusher perfectly.


4 SHADE EYESHADOW PALETTE:

I rarely wear eyeshadow due to my inability to put it on without looking like I've been punched in the face. If I do, I wear a pale cream and then put my winged black eyeliner on to draw away from the dodgy way it's been applied. So I resorted to the guide. And it's good, I'll tell you that. With the 4 colours I managed to recreate both the daytime and evening looks in the manual. Both looks are subtle and elegant (everything I'm not) and nobody gave me any WTF have you done to your face looks, so all is good. I do like the eyeshadows. They're a nice consistency and blend really well. The only thing I do have a problem with is the applicator they provide. I can't deal with those little spongy-ended applicators like a 5 year old would use. I'm 17! Nearly an adult! I can use a brush! I used my own brushes and I suggest you do too.


THE 'SHE'S SO JETSET' MAKEUP KIT IS CURRENTLY ON SALE (AND YOU ALL KNOW HOW EXPENSIVE BENEFIT PRODUCTS ARE...) SO IF YOU ENJOY THE SOUND OF IT, HAVE A LOOK NOW!!!

6 comments:

Roses and Rockets said...

I'm really loving these mini kits from Benefit, makes packing my make-up for a weekend away much easier! I'm not a huge fan of lip gloss though but it's sounds like a great set.

Vanessa said...

This kit looks lovely. I really love the mascara and have to agree with you the lipgloss looks like a pretty colour :) x

Poptartsandsex said...

I want this!! xx

www.poptartsandsexx.blogspot.co.uk

Laura said...

Love Benefit products! This kit looks great!
Laura xx

Marcela said...

just found this blog and I'm in love with it!! it's so cute <3 following now!

faultraces.blogspot.com

Heather said...

Looks like a great set :)


www.ofbeautyandnothingness.blogspot.co.uk

Post a Comment