Sunday, 27 January 2013

Five step: quick fix evening eyes with Clinique Colour Surge Eye Shadow Trio


So my mother gave me a Clinique Colour Surge Eye Shadow Trio freebie which she got by buying a lot of things from Boots, and I love it so much I just had to rave about it to you. Whilst the one I have isn't actually on sale, they have some gorgeous alternatives. As some of you know I have the Urban Decay Naked Palette but sometimes I actually prefer this one, because it just seems quicker and easier- colours all lined up for you. The quality is astounding, it doesn't just disappear quickly (although I do have to avoid rubbing my eyes so it doesn't just smudge into crazy patterns) and it blends really easily into each other, without the need to use special brushes. 
  1. Prepare: I just like to pop eyeliner on at this point, as it darkens the upper lash line but also blends well later on with the dark colours the eye shadow routine uses.
  2. Base coat: Using the eye shadow palette stated earlier, I use the base colour (Colour Surge Eye Shadow Super Shimmer in Daybreak) given using the '1' brush (use an ordinary eye shadow application brush if not working from this palette), and apply it liberally all over the lid, and don't be afraid to work it into the crease area- it's the colour which will give your eyes a bit of brightness. 
  3. Brighten elsewhere: Using the '3' brush apply the base colour along the inner lower lash line towards the inner corner eye area. It will work well towards brightening your eyes down bottom as well as up top. 
  4. Contour time: Use the '2' brush (or a contour brush) to apply the contour colour given (It usually comes as a two shade product, it's the Eye Shadow Duo in Strawberry Fudge) and spread it around the middle and outer lid area and obviously into the crease. Also try and work it towards the outer v, but be weary as sometimes it looks too smudged- like you've just been cleaning chimneys.
  5. Definer: Apply this with '3' brush and use the definer colour given (Colour Surge Eye Shadow Stay Matte in Chocolate Chip) and apply it like eyeliner along the whole of the upper lash line, and the outer lower lash line. I tend to finish 'defining' with a little bit of mascara as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment