Saturday, 26 January 2013

Let's talk eye make-up: Parts of the eye

Understanding the parts of the eye (in regards to make-up) is key if you really want to nail applying eye shadow and all that jazz correctly- without looking like you've got a black eye.

In fact, referring to the latter point, even if you do apply your eye make-up correctly boys will still ask what happened to your eye. Feel free to stare at them for as long as you want if they do. 

I just thought I'd share with you a little diagram I made which makes it a lot easier to understand eye make-up tutorials- especially if you're a beginner. Don't think you're labelled as a 'dummy' if you don't quite understand it all, prior to making this diagram I was just like you! I've recently been given the Naked Palette by Urban Decay (review here) and I just wanted to make the most of it. I wanted to break out of my amateur shell. I know I'm going to be doing my own eye make-up post in the near future, so I just thought I'd make a London-bred Ladies 'organically' made easy and 'fun' diagram to help you along too. 

Just incase you don't get how easy it is, the colours next to the names correspond to the colours shaded on the eye. Simple, right? In case you're viewing it from 'above'- aka looking down at a laptop- you might need to square up to the picture to see some of the colours, they just seem to fade into white from certain angles.

Want to see London-bred ladies posts which are related to doing eye make-up, or eye make-up products? Just click here.

3 comments:

Ally Straussner said...

this was really helpful! thank you!

www.tartally.blogspot.com

Adele said...

Really useful diagram!
Would love you to check out my latest outfit post :)
Have a fab weekend Hun xoxo
http://www.intotheblonde.com/

Lurchhoundloves said...

Love this post, so helpful!

Now following on GFC, would be great if you like my blog to follow back.

Looking forward to more great posts!

www.lurchhoundloves.com xx

Post a Comment