Tuesday, 1 January 2013

New year's walkies- parade maybe?

BELLE WEARS- SHIRT: MONKI, JUMPER: NEW LOOK, JEANS: TOPSHOP, BOOTS: CLARKS, BAG: ZARA, HAT: M&S, COAT: RIVER ISLAND & NECKLACE: CHARITY SHOP
GENIE WEARS- JUMPER: PRIMARK, SKIRT: PRIMARK, SHOES: PRIMARK, BLAZER: ZARA, BRACELETS: H&M, BAG: WAREHOUSE & SCARF: (FROM PARIS) 
 
After our little traipsing around London (well, not traipsing per say) I thought of all of those of you who might be stressing about what to wear, if you're going to the New Year's parade. Just after the night of partying, I'm sure you guys don't want to be stressing about outfit ideas, so here above are what we wore when we walked around London recently. Now, my feet did hurt, but you have to appreciate I did four hours of non-stop walking- fast walking at that. These outfits are perfect for those who want to mill around London seeing the New Year's celebrations. So, what about you?
 
  • SHOVE A BIT OF BURGUNDY IN IT: We can't be sure that burgundy is going to be around for a while, so we might as well make use of it whilst it lasts. It suits practically ever skin tone, and is just generally a gorgeous colour. It doesn't even have to be a burgundy dress, just a burgundy jumper like me and you'll be right on trend.
  • STICK TO SIMPLE SILHOUETTES: You're just going to be walking around- there is no need for bodycon. Simple silhouettes flatter almost all body shapes, and considering you might be stuck in the middle of a crowd no one's really going to be seeing your body.
  • WEAR COMFY SHOES: This does not mean suddenly break out the crocs, no one should ever wear such things. Just wear shoes which are of course fab-looking, but also won't kill you. If you're going to go for heels, go for what I call 'closed heels' aka where the instep is covered. So you drag the shoe rather than try holding onto it. Also, consider a wedge heels as then the weight will be evenly distributed over the whole of the foot, rather than just at the heel.
  • LAYER UP: Britain's cold- simple as.
  • ACCESSORISE ON TOP: Remember, if you're going to get lost inbetween the crowds, you might as well make an effort by getting your makeup on point and some sort of accesory. I love hats- they're pretty and useful. So jazz it up, all in the head department. Consider a floppy hat or cloche hat- I'm loving those right now.
  •  
     

2 comments:

Kate Lees said...

Wow, your blog is amazing girls! Love these ideas. Definitely following x

Berni said...

Thank you for stopping by my blog before! I'm so jealous of you, I wish I were in London- it's one place I've always wanted to go! I will get there, one day!
xo

Post a Comment