Wednesday, 2 January 2013

Ombré glitter nails

 
The ombré trend has been circulating since September for me and I’m predicting it will still be with us in summer, and as Belle gave me 2 gorgeously sparkly nail varnishes for Christmas I thought I’d show them off. The tips of my original nail varnish were chipped and I wanted to see what the sparkles could do. As I like them so much I thought I’d tell you how I achieved this look so you can too. FYI, the glitter nail varnishes Belle got me were from the Precious Stones Collection by Rimmel London and you can get them at £3.99 a pop.
 
STEP 1: As always use a base coat and then paint your nails a dark burgundy. I used my Midnight Passion which was £2.99 from H&M
STEP 2: Use one of the glitter colours and sweep across the tip of the nail. Paint the nail with the glitter lightly to around half way down and then dab even lighter at the end of the main glitter part to make it look like it’s fading away.
STEP 3: Use another coat of glitter to make it really stand out.
STEP 4: Use a top coat to seal in the glitter (I used the BarryM All in One Nail Paint) , you may need 2 layers to seal in those glitter particles.
STEP 5: Let it all dry and then sit back and admire.
 
I find that the burgundy with red glitter works and goes together much better than the grey glitter, so in the future to use the grey glitter I would use a black polish or a light grey polish as a base. Now you’ve got your nails pampered run down to the sales which are still going to be with us through January.
 

8 comments:

Laura said...

Love these nails! They're so pretty! I'm definitely going to have to give this a go!
Laura xx

Leeshionable said...

OMG! You have an amazing blog.Honestly, I love it. Great nails!!:) If you have a minute, please visit my blog too.
Maybe follow??

love,
Alicia

leeshionable.blogspot.de

Ozel said...

Loving this trend!!
I've nominated you ladies for a Liebster Award. You have a really great blog! :)

Stagg said...

the ombre effect is great,unusual and pretty all in one :) I'm also liking the glitter, makes it look really festive.
happy new year!
Rosie
x

littlestagg.blogspot.com

Kristen { Hello Monday Design } said...

So cute! I want to try this!

Sarah Elizabeth Curran said...

So pretty!
Please check me out :)
http://stylepreserve.blogspot.co.uk/

Zoe Loves Beauty. said...

I NOMINATED YOU FOR A LIEBSTER AWARD HERE http://teenbeautyowl.blogspot.com/2013/01/the-leibster-award.html XOXXX

Kate Lees said...

Great idea, will have to try this!

Post a Comment