Tuesday, 15 January 2013

Soap and Glory: Body Food


I was a very lucky girl at Christmas and got a whole bag load of Soap & Glory products. Being an avid user of all their products, I was quick to begin sniffing the different lotions and potions. Not only do their products smell ah-maze-ing, but, they actually work. Isn’t it a miracle? This box of goodies had two moisturisers in it, a ‘Body Milk’ and a ‘Body Butter’ - you can see why I called this ‘Body Food’. For the past two weeks I have been testing out both products to see which one was best. Seriously, one moisturiser on either half of my body! So, here come the exciting reviews and I hope this helps.

The Righteous Butter: Body Butter (300ml, £10.50) 

This Body Butter boasts softening Shea Butter and Aloe Vera which means it’s great for dry skin. Like many of Soap & Glory’s products it’s scented with their summery ‘Original Pink Fragrance’ - which includes orange leaf, lemon, peach, sweet strawberries, summer rose, gardenia blooms and jasmine – it smells utterly divine. This body butter leaves your skin feeling silky smooth and 100% hydrated. However, the feeling didn’t last very long after the first application but after a few uses my legs were left feeling hydrated for a lot longer.

Smoothie Star: Body Milk (500ml, £10) 

Having never tried, or smelt, this before I was a little wary. I also didn’t really like the scent first off (apparently almond, oats and brown sugar) but it grew on me and I now would reach for this over the Righteous Butter. Shocking, I know… Filled with oat, yoghurt & honey for conditioning; and cocoa butter, shea butter, coconut oil and S&G’s new ‘WaterLock’ moisture-trapping matrix (that’s a mouthful, isn’t it?) for keeping your skin soft as a baby’s bum – this lotion is brilliant and really, truly works. Again, it takes a few applications for you to feel the long-term benefits, but anything where the company have to warn you ‘This is not a food’ has to be a good thing, right?

5 comments:

SparrowMint said...

I'm so jealous! I'm really desperate to try the Smoothie Star, the smell is incredible!

gemmamullin said...

I got the massive box for Christmas with all these in and oh my goodness I can't stop raving about the Smoothie Star! I've literally been using it every night before bed and I feel and smell amazing. I'd recommend to anyone (except my housemate who turns out to be allergic to it - oops! Always check the label!).

littlegemm.blogspot.co.uk

Chloe said...

I have both of these & keep one at home & one in my college house so I use them both!
I've nominated you for the Liebster award if you'd like to do it :)
http://verylovelystuff.blogspot.ie/2013/01/liebster-award.html
xx

Laura said...

love Soap and Glory! Can't get enough of it!
Laura xx

Luna Lighta said...

I love all of these soap and Glory products! So good :) xxx

Post a Comment