Friday, 25 January 2013

Zee's winter sales shopping haul


Having been rather disappointed with the stock in the shops before Christmas, I wasn't holding out much hope for the sales. I think I was right to do so. Being a self-confessed clothe-shopping-phobe, at this moment anyway, the majority of shopping was carried out online, which is always a tad hit-or-miss at the best of times, let alone when my sizing is being strange. 

The shop I was most disappointed in was River Island... Being a 'more-upmarket' high street brand, with prices to match, you would think the quality would match the price... Thin, poor quality materials and rubbish styles were unflattering and not suited for the British weather to say the least! After I was starting to think 'all hope is lost' a little, well big, bag arrived from H&M and my faith with high street brands is again restored.

Although, after looking at all this and still I'm trawling through online websites I think I'm slightly addicted to shopping now and I'm going to have to go on a spending ban... Bet that fails...

Please Note: It's highly unlikely these items are available online now but go have a look around your local shops, because, you never know your luck!

  • H&M CORAL PEARL BEADED PETER PAN COLLARED SHIRT – This top will be perfect for the Spring & Summer due to the bright coral colour and the collar makes it very trendy and adds that little bit of sparkle. It would be perfect with the skater skirt also in this post. You can find something very similar on their website if you like.
  • H&M PAINT STREAKS PATTERNED SKIRT – The bright colours make this a brilliant summer skirt for dressing up or down. The great quality means the skirt will last forever and the pockets in the side make a handy addition.
  • H&M BURGUNDY LONG SLEEVE TOP – A bargain at £5 I love the colour of this top and due to the style it’s pretty versatile. Jeans, shorts (with tights in this weather) and skirts will all look perfect I’ll probably move towards the darker shades for a classier look.
  • H&M LIGHT BLUE CABLE KNIT JUMPER WITH BUTTON DETAIL – It’s flipping freezing in my college so I’ve been stocking up on jumpers this season and I love the knit and style of this jumper. The colour is also lovely and basically goes with everything.
  • H&M DARK PATTERNED TROUSERS – Close up these are a dark brown almost black block colour with small burgundy dots. I’m not really a trouser girl but I love the fit and style of these trousers – they remind me a little of disco pants. And again, they are a perfect colour and will go with everything.
  • H&M PINK AND WHITE ZEBRA PRINT DRESS – I have loved Zebra’s since I was really young and when I saw this I just HAD to get it. Then the downside, only tiny sizes left *unhappy face* but as I am planning to become much better with a sewing machine this year I am going to make a lovely skirt for the summer.
  • PRIMARK (CEDAR WOOD ESTATE) FOREST GREEN ZIP HOODIE – Eyeing these up in Primark for a while I told my Mum I was on the lookout for one. She found them on sale for £5 so I grabbed it and have basically worn it ever since. I love the colour I’m discovering that green looks fab on basically everyone, you just have to get the right shade.
  • NEW LOOK FOREST GREEN BOILED WOOL DOUBLEBREASTED COAT – Talking of Green, I think I have definitely found my colour. £35 in the New Look sale was an amazing bargain (Original Price £55!) and I fell in love with it immediately. Now just have to hide my old one from Mum… a girl can never have too many winter coats – she should know.
  • MATALAN GREY/SILVER CONTRAST COLLAR SHIRT – Another new favourite of mine, I sent back all, but this, of the Matalan buys and was quite disappointed as Matalan is usually quite good. I have been looking for a white collared shirt for a while and the silver colour is an added bonus. Wear it with jeans or a skirt it’s brilliant and adds that dash of winter sparkle.

1 comment:

Anna. said...

Love the shirt! :) and love the fact its from Matalan!!! Bargin! :)

Post a Comment