Wednesday, 13 February 2013

A single girl's guide to Valentine's

Valentine’s day. Eww... As if my life isn't bad enough being surrounded by happy couples for the rest of the year, they managed to select a special day for all things lovey dovey. Wonderful. Surprisingly, I'm not a complete and utter Scrooge about Valentine’s, but having listen to my friends planning what to get their boyfriends for the past 3 weeks it's getting to the point where I'm a tad tired of it. Therefore, I feel top tips for surviving this holiday must be shared...

HAVE SINGLE FRIENDS (AND A GOOD LAUGH):

I currently have a small number of single friends but that doesn't mean I can't have a laugh. 2 of my friends and I plan to go out on Valentine’s and see if any of us can actually get a date on the day. If anyone lives in London you'll probably find us stood outside Earls Court with a box of chocolates and sad faces as we are laughed at by the population.

HAVE FOOD:

Eating your weight in Ben and Jerry's is a bit of an extreme way to survive Valentine’s but I am planning to make #foreveralone cakes and single pringle cakes and then laugh in the faces of those in relationships as I happily eat cake whilst they don't get any. Genie's boyfriend is disgusted by this idea as he loves my cakes and HE'S NOT GETTING ANY *insert evil laugh here*. Even better, think of all the discount chocolate boxes afterwards!

HAVE A CHUM DATE:

If your life is really, drastically going downhill, and you feel so desperate and alone you don't think you can make it through this lovey dovey holiday, fear not! Find a friend (which I assume you have many of) and have a 'chum date'. Go to the cinema or out for lunch and just have a laugh with your friend/s. Valentine’s is about sharing the love, and who do you love more than your friends and family?

2 comments:

Sammie said...

I love this haha! xx

Annabelle said...

First paragraph is so relevant to me XD I told my best friend she's not allowed to talk to me me about her Vday plans which she has very kindly stuck to.
I like all of these ideas. 15th of Feb is S.A.D (Single Awareness Day) which I'm spending with friends and making crepes :D. Good luck getting a date on the 14th!

Post a Comment