Wednesday, 6 February 2013

Day to night: black skater skirt


WHERE FROM? New Look
HOW MUCH? Originally £12.00, but bought for £11.69 because of a missing belt.

I have been longing for a black skater skirt for a while, and the one on the 'New Look' website took my fancy. Pleasantly surprised with the quality of the material and the shape of the skirt - when I saw it in the flesh. I snapped it up straight away and am now planning some fabulous outfits!

DAY: This is an incredibly versatile skirt and one I would be happy to wear anywhere: shopping, cinema and even to college. My new boots go with everything and are wonderfully comfy for all sorts of activities (review post coming soon). Wearing a block colour, especially black, on your bottom half makes your legs look longer and slimmer. The skater style is flattering on every figure and I've used a brown belt to slowly start bringing in the colour. Then I've worn my fabulous t-shirt which shows Jerry the mouse from the cartoon Tom&Jerry to make the whole outfit more relaxed and informal. For the weather London is having right now, I've added a cardigan and I've worn a long necklace mainly because it pulls the whole outfit together.

NIGHT: For a night out, to the theatre or even a dinner date, this outfit is perfect. I have worn my heeled ankle boots that glam up any outfit and still allow me to walk around without any difficulty. Again the black tights and skirt give the illusion of longer, slimmer legs- which is always good. I chose to wear my bright coral pink top with a beaded collar to stand out and add a bit of sparkle and glam to the whole outfit. Instead of wearing a necklace, due to the jazzy collar, I've concentrated on my bracelets and earrings and I've tied my hair up to show off that fabulous collar!

1 comment:

terr davidson said...

Cute outfits x

check out my cath kidston giveaway 1stepclosereveryday.blogspot.co.uk

Post a Comment