Monday, 11 February 2013

Monday's music mix #20

‘HOME’-EDWARD SHARPE AND THE MAGNETIC ZEROS

MINI SAYS... This is a sweet song and perfect for Valentine’s week. If you love a bit of Mumford & Sons, check this out. It doesn't sound like a love song, but that's exactly what it is, and I'm loving it at the moment. I came across the band whilst looking at summer festivals and decided to have a listen. What struck me first was that the female singer looked like Audrey Hepburn (she doesn't close up). Secondly the sound is beautiful, all laid back, folky music. 

‘JUST GIVE ME A REASON’- PINK FT. NATE RUESS

BELLE SAYS... So I’ve been loving Mr Ruess a little bit too much recently. I keep on saying it’s because he has such a ‘soulful’ face, but you know what? He has a voice to match. Not that he actually sings soul... I’ve had this on repeat for the past few days. It’s got the right match of vulnerability and what I call ‘oomph’. My favourite lyrics being ‘oh oh’.  As you can tell, I opt for soppy songs on Valentine’s rather than lovey dovey ones...

‘LET ME LOVE YOU’- GLEE (COVER)

GENIE SAYS... This song is a well known chart song, with its hip hop beat and debatably good base, but for me this song is all about the lyrics. I hadn’t realised its beauty for quite some time. On Glee, it is stripped of all the base and electro sounds and it is just a voice and a piano. It made my heart melt and Jacob Artist just has the most phenomnal voice ever. I love, love, love this song. It’s a brilliant song getting me in the mood for Valentine’s.

No comments:

Post a Comment