Friday, 8 February 2013

Some mustard for my dinner date please

DRESS: CHARITY SHOP, JACKET: MISS SELFRIDGE, SHOES: KURT GEIGER, NECKLACE: CHARITY SHOP, BRACELET: COVENT GARDEN ANTIQUE JUBILEE MARKET & BELT: N/A

After recently buying the necklace and dress in charity shops (post here), I was extremely excited to put them together and make an outfit out of it. Luckily, they worked. 

The mustard colour is an absolute god send for a pale girl like me. Next in line is a nude colour, but that absolutely washes us pale gals out. It's not a good look. I've tried once and will never do it again. The simple silhoette of the dress makes it versatile for any shape- yay! My little trick (as with all things) is to make sure you wear a belt. It will draw attention to your waist rather than your hips and will trick people into thinking you actually have legs which start way up there. Great, right?

My favourite thing about this outfit has to be the material combination. The colours are bold, but it's the mix of materials and textures which makes it stand out. Leather jacket, gold metal necklace and suede shoes. Juxtaposed, right? It's like Audrey Hepburn and James Dean had a child. In fact, I think a leather jacket is any absolute essential in a wardrobe. It just makes your outfit a lot less 'hassle'. It's like you just 'threw it on'. 

As for make-up pairings, darker eyes than mine would look great with the leather jacket. I usually go for red when I'm wearing leather, but it's a bit of a 'brave' colour choice against that mustard colour, don't you think?

7 comments:

CelebritiesAndFashion said...

Nice Dress!

http://celebritiesandfashionnews.blogspot.de/

Sophie x said...

You look amazing! I can never find good stuff like that in charity shops :( I'm the same with my leather jacket, it accompanies me on most of my nights out :)

Sophie at http://ivyandgoldxoxo.blogspot.co.uk xxx

Martha Woods said...

Pretty!

lifeasart said...

I really like this look on you :-) What cool finds!

http://lifeasart215.blogspot.com/

Elrese Voges said...

This looks beautiful! I also have a similar dress in a similar colour LoL ;) xoxo

www.dressedinthecity.com

Annabelle said...

Those are amazing finds!

a bird`s daily life said...

I loved the Audrey and James having a child part :)!
Your outfit really looks great!The dress and the bracelet just fit perfectly!

xoxo

Post a Comment