Friday, 15 February 2013

You should have put a ring on it, a very big ring

DRESS: H&M, BOOTS: F&F & EARRINGS: MISS SELFRIDGE  

It's been that time of the year again, when all of the single girls bust out some ice cream, and their secret (or very public for some like me) Beyonce inspired girl-power playlist, as they declare that they're a 'strong independent woman who don't need no man'. Yes, we start becoming quite superior about boys who probably didn't even know we thought they were ever so pretty, and even more so about the ones who did. We become irrational and even a tad bit mean, but give us a break, we become ever so sad. Well, what better way to celebrate that feeling than to truly feel good about yourself? Bust out your best outfit. I haven't been to a party in a while, so when I finally did, I brought my glad rags with the intention of painting the town red, and why not?

I was as my friend called it a 'naked virgin in a sidecar' for those were the colours she used from my Naked palette to do up my eyes. Aren't they lovely? I always find that I can never find the right golden mean between glamorous and casual for my night's out. Apparently I nailed it, according to Zee anyway. Pop a pair of heeled army boots with a fabric by fitted dress and you've got Belle's ideals and those 'predatory' boys' ideals nailed to a tee. Ahh, I just felt so very confident in this outfit without feeling exposed. I love it love it love it, and won't let anyone else say any different.

4 comments:

Elrese Voges said...

Loving your outfit, it's rocker chic ;P

www.dressedinthecity.com

Martha Woods said...

You look great! I love that you wore boots instead of heels, it makes the dress so much cooler.

Gabii said...

Oh love this outfit!

http://crudessence.blogspot.com

Andrea D. said...

Great outfit. The boots are amazing!

http://andreadxo.blogspot.co.uk

Post a Comment