Saturday, 30 March 2013

Day to night: Structured shirt dress - Saviour of hourglasses everywhere


I've always owned a shirt dress. They are my saving grace as an hourglass, as all I have to do is throw on a belt to bring all attention to my tiny waist, a pair of shoes and some accessories and I'm out the door. It's a hard working wardrobe staple and it can be easily dressed up or down for any occasion. It can be hard for hourglass figures to dress casually as their body shape lends itself to evening-wear. The shirt dress allows them to look more casual. So in the Boxing Day sales I bought a new one. It's a distorted black and white houndstooth pattern which means it'll go with EVERYTHING, with a structured waist which many hourglass shaped girls would benefit from. 

DAY: Dresses are brilliant for daytime, especially as we get into Spring. I've paired this classic houndstooth print with a red belt to emphasise my waist (the smallest part of my figure) and my red vintage patent winkle-pickers. I know, releasing my wild side in my footwear choices. I understand shoes like these aren't for everyone, however, it also looks really good with my black Toms for the summer for when I've got a bit of a tan or with coloured ballet flats.

NIGHT: Although shirt dresses tend to veer towards the casual side, they can also be dressed up for evening. Mine has quite a plunging neckline so I may as well show a little of what God gave me. Again, using a belt to contour the waist is a good idea for hourglasses and also straight up and down figures as it creates the illusion of a smaller waist and curves. Just pair with heels and some jewellery and you’re ready to roll.

No comments:

Post a Comment