Tuesday, 5 March 2013

e.l.f beauty goodies

e.l.f. (Eyes. Lips. Face) is not a new brand, but it’s new to me. I was roaming around the blog world and found a review. Consequently, I went over to the website “just to have a look” and I ended up finding a sale… BAD ZEE! As I have been bad, I thought I would share all of it with you to make me feel better about my bank balance.

E.L.F BEAUTY BOOK- BRONZED LOOK (£3- ORIGINALLY £6):
One thing e.l.f. prides itself on are its gift sets. This one includes 6 eyeshadows, e.l.f. eyelid primer, an eyeliner pencil and 1 applicator, and having a friend whose birthday is coming soon, I bought this with her in mind. I didn’t think of keeping it myself at all until Genie, when over for lunch, said ‘e.l.f. primer is meant to be amazing.’ I don’t know where this information comes from, but, it’s in the bestsellers for £1.50 so I’d give it a go. The colours are warm with a hint of shimmer and a small guide on the inside cover tells you how to create a day and night look. It was in the sale for £3 and I think it is a brilliant little gift for a friend, or anyone beginning to start using make up.

DEFINING EYE BRUSH (£1.50) + EYE SHADOW BRUSH (£1.50):
They are both very soft and perfect for blending out different eye shadows. The defining eye brush is slightly angled so is brilliant for winging out your eye shadow.  I do find the little bristles fall out if you pull on them so I’ll probably have to be careful when washing them.

TINTED MOISTURISER SPF 15 IN IVORY (£1.50): 
Tinted Moisturser has been on my list of ‘things to try’ for so long I’d almost forgotten about this, but after having a last browse through the website I put this in the basket at an impulse. It only has 12g of product but this tube is £1.50 and is a good little product, so brilliant use of money.

NAIL VARNISHES MATTE FINISHER IN FAIRY DUST AND COPPER (£1):
Matte Finisher Nail Varnish has intrigued me for some time, I swear most of the time I’m just ‘intrigued’ rather than buy for any real need. The matte finisher makes your nail paint matte and not shiny, I feel it works really well over a glittery nail polish. The ‘Fairy Dust’ Varnish has small flakes of glitter in it which give a lovely effect and works really well over pastel shades. ‘Copper’ is a gorgeous bronze colour which looks great with anything. These do take a while to dry and smell a little odd at first, but, they are great colours and last for ages (first chip appeared after 6 days).

1 comment:

Jodie Marie said...

I love your blog, it's so pretty!



Post a Comment