Monday, 25 March 2013

Monday's music mix #25

‘STARS IN MY EYES’- THE ORIGINAL RUDEBOYS

MINI SAYS... Genie, Zee and I went to go see The Script at the 02 on Saturday night; it was the last night of their UK #3 tour and this was their support act. They're also Irish and started out the same way as the Script guys. I really loved this song live and it's even better in this acoustic session. It's the first time in my life I've heard someone with an Irish accent rap and, not gonna lie, it weirded me out slightly, but I thought the ukulele player was too cute at the beginning of this clip for me not to show it to y'all.

‘IN MY LIFE/A HEART FULL OF LOVE’- LES MISERABLES (2012) SOUNDTRACK

BELLE SAYS... I was at Genie’s on Saturday, and forced her to listen to endless tracks of musical theatre. I’m actually astounded that this is my first musical song for my music mix! I’m feeling very single at the moment, so this song epitomises all of my feelings and longings in one song. It obviously helps that my boy Redmayne is in it as well...just a little. Banks is gorgeous too, but Seyfried, my gosh, that girl has the strangest and most beautiful voice I’ve heard in a while. If you’re feelings like being in love or crying because your love isn’t returning your love, then this song has a part for you! Right now, I’m just going to go and cry at Banks’ line of ‘if he asked, I’d be his’...

‘IF YOU COULD SEE ME NOW’- THE SCRIPT

ZEE SAYS... As Mini said, I went to see ‘The Script’ with her and Genie. It was a fabulous night, I screamed myself till my throat was sore, and my ears are still hurting. Throughout the whole show though this was the one song that stuck in my head, I think it’s because those lyrics reach out to everybody. Everybody has lost someone in their lives, and wishes that that person was still with them now and could see them grow up and learn. If you don’t know ‘that feeling’ then count yourself lucky my dears. In addition, when the song did finish Danny kissed his hand and raised it to the sky as the song is after all about his father.

‘THEMAN WHO CAN’T BE MOVED’- THE SCRIPT

GENIE SAYS... I just happened to think ‘The Script’ concert was amazing too. They performed this song and it was beautiful. They managed to get the whole arena singing the song a cappela and it almost reduced me too tears. The song is brilliant and it's been stuck in my head ever since. I love The Script and I love this song.  

3 comments:

NIKA said...

Wow - great:) I also sang two songs (On my Own/I dreamed a dream) on my youtube-channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/NIKA80sLife/videos

Would be great if you would take a look:)

Wish you all a nice afternoon and a great sucessful week & EASTER TIME!:)

Bye,
NIKA

Chloe said...

Being Irish, I LOVE The Script & ORBs! I really recommend listening to Sunny Days, it's a song by Original Rudeboys dedicated to their friend who committed suicide x

a bird`s daily life said...

I absolutely love the song If you could see me now from The Script!
Also added it to my February playlist on my blog!

xoxo

Post a Comment