Tuesday, 12 March 2013

MUA: Undressed Me Too (Review and look)

If you haven’t guessed, I’m all for beauty products at the moment (I blame lovely YouTube ladies I watch all the time), and when the London-bred Ladies came over to mine last week we came to the conclusion that I now have the most make up products. Not sure whether to be proud or ashamed… I’m gonna’ stick with proud.

One of my latest buys from M.U.A. (Make Up Academy) is the new Undressed Me Too eye shadow palette. I would say that, of the reviews I have read online, it’s a rather good dupe for the Naked 2: Urban Decay eye shadow palette and for £4 I think it’s so worth it. The shadows are good quality, with brilliant pigmentation and are easy to blend, which is all you need really. I bought this as a bit of an impulse; and I don’t regret it in the slightest. The colours are lovely and I find it really easy to build a ‘day wear’ look into a ‘night wear’ look with a few swishes of a brush. I am going to say that I would prefer to have a few more matte shades, because, I’ve found that I don’t want to wear full on shimmer eye-shadows for college and the matte shades just tone down my eye makeup. One of the brilliant things about this new palette is that the eye shadows finally have names! I know I’m not the only one who is excited about that. It not only excites me but also makes it a lot easier to tell you what I did.

WANNA GET THE LONDON-BRED LOOK? (OOH, CHEEKY PUN THERE) HERE GOES...


Step 1: Line your top lashes with a black liner – I used my Collection Felt Tip Liner – and line your bottom lashes with a silver liner – I used my Barry M Silver Eyeliner Pen.
Step 2: Brush ‘Reveal’ all over the eyelid as a base for the rest of the eye shadow.
Step 3: Brush ‘Exposed’ into the crease of the eye.
Step 4: To make the look a bit more defined, I find a matte shade works best, so work a bit of ‘Lavish’ into your outer corner and into your crease.
Step 5: Now take a fluffy brush – I used an elf brush – and blend all of those colours together until you are happy with the final product.
Step 6: I wanted to define my lash line a little further so I worked a little ‘Obsessed’ onto my lash line and blended it out to make it softer.
Step 7: Last but not least I used mascara, obviously, to build up my eye lashes and finish off the look.

I hope that this helps and that the review will be helpful for those wondering whether the M.U.A. palettes are worth a try. I have two… They are worth it. This palette has much cooler shades than the ‘Undressed’ palette, which personally I prefer as it seems to go more with my eyes more. The next step is to mix the two palettes to create a look… maybe I’ll be crazy on my next night out.

1 comment:

a bird`s daily life said...

Wow,this palette has really nice colours!I haven`t heard about this brand,and as I prefer palettes to single eye shadows,I`m pretty interested in this brand!
Is this a brand for professional make-up artists or can you buy it everywhere??

xoxo

Post a Comment