Thursday, 14 March 2013

Review: An eyeliner which stays put- Maybelline Eye Studio Lasting Drama Gel Eyeliner



THE BRAND? Maybelline
THE PRICE? £7.99

I was really clever and managed to lose my eyeliner. It was one of those really useful pen ones but I took it to school and managed to lose it at some point between geography and the end of the day. So I went into Boots with a pally and was completely overwhelmed by what to buy to replace it. She suggested trying this one and I think I've fallen in love...

I've wanted to try a gel liner and this one is great. The small brush makes for easy application and the formula is really smooth. It allows me to do all my flicks and wings with precision and they're all dark and beautiful, which was a problem I had with the pen as it had a tendency to fade throughout the day. One thing that frustrates me is that I have to wash the brush after every use as otherwise the gel sets in it and the brush goes all stiff and it's unusable. However, I find this product is really good at staying put on my eyelids, to the point where the nerdy science geek in me felt like I had to do an experiment. I put on my eyeliner and then clambered into the shower and washed by hair. The liner didn't budge or smudge at all. Brilliant and cheap. I couldn't ask for anything more.

1 comment:

a bird`s daily life said...

I always wanted to try gel eyeliner,but I`m still practicing with the pen!
I always tought it`s more difficult to make with a gel eyeliner,but seems I was mistaken with that!
As soon as my pen is finished,I`m gonna get myself the same one like you did!

xoxo

Post a Comment