Sunday, 3 March 2013

Review: The Hummingbird Bakery Home Sweet Home: 100 new recipes for baking brilliance


WHERE FROM? WHSmith
HOW MUCH? £10

Turns out I still had a £5 'Smiths voucher left over from Christmas. I don't know how... However, when I went shopping with my momma, because I'm cool like that, I really wasn't expecting to spend it. WHSmiths is a shop I go into if I specifically need something, not to browse. So when I wondered in and found they had a special offer (I can't remember which sort) on books, I was like, best buy a book then. And then I saw this.

I'm not gonna’ lie, I love baking. Not because of all those TV programmes that have made it 'fashionable' to bake either; however I do worship Mary Berry. Ever since I was little (well, littler...) my momma and my gramma have taught me to cook, and baking was always a big part of that. I seem to be able to just... get cake. I understand it, whether that's from tips of the trade or what I don't know. My turn-to book for recipes was always The Hummingbird Bakery's "Cake Days" so when I saw this new one (with over 100 different recipes = OMG cake-gasm) I HAD TO HAVE IT. No questions asked. And I'm pretty sure friends/family/random strangers I shall force feed on the tube, will all appreciate my purchase too.

1 comment:

a bird`s daily life said...

This books looks really interesting!And as I love baking might gonna get it!

xoxo

Post a Comment