Thursday, 21 March 2013

The lumineers

I bought this for my momma for Christmas and since then ignored it. However, recently this disc has been in the car so I've been listening to it non-stop. And to be quite honest with you, I've enjoyed it immensely. It’s another indie-folk hybrid (because I have a hip momma...) and sounds perfect when the sun is shining but it is best to turn it up REALLY LOUD. Just sayin... 

PLAY SONG: 
I've got 2 songs again for this, just because I like to give you a bit of selection. The first one is my personal favourite, track 02: 'Classy Girls'. It seems to me a culmination of everything Belle has attempted to drill into me before sixth-form. So far, it's worked and Genie is frustrated about my lack of movements on my intoxicated friend (thou shalt remain nameless). The second of the songs is track 5: 'Ho Hey' which is my family's favourite. It's the track that gets skipped to in the car because everyone listens to it so much they know the words so we can all sing along.

ALBUM ART:
Pet peeve nĂºmero uno: when artists don't put lyrics in their booklets. Ugh! Frustration to the maximum. Apart from that, I like the album art. It's very simple and classic with a font which is very easy to read. Even my momma can read it and her eyesight is terrible... I like the white on the black with the black and white photos, I feel it mixes well. It could be slightly more dramatic and it doesn't stand out on a shelf but I guess that's kind of like their music, very laid back, without a care in the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment