Friday, 5 April 2013

Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.

DRESS: OASIS, BOOTS: F&F, NECKLACE: N/A, RING: CLERKENWELL VINTAGE FASHION FAIR & BAG: NEXT

The quote dearie? Oscar Wilde. I just thought it was appropriate considering that I wore this to the performance of 'The Judas Kiss'. It's exactly what I have always said about fashion: it's a mask (a facade) which tells you the truth. Not as shallow as you thought

Ah, look at that, my most recent purchases, and aren't they lovely? I've wanted a statement necklace for years, and the tribal nature of this necklace is absolutely gorgeous, and compliments the grey very well. As for the dress, mmmmmm. Everyone seems to love it. My mother and Zee included. It's really quite sexy (if I don't say so myself) without showing the least bit of flesh. However, because it's tight you have to be on the look out when pictures are taken. If you've just eaten, you might have the unfortunate circumstance of a 'food baby', and no one wants to look like they're harbouring an actual baby in their stomach if they're not actually expecting! So suck those tummies in! Despite that little flaw, the stripes of black down the sides do make it a perfect dress for multiple body shapes, because it creates the curves for you. That has to be a bonus.

If it doesn't sound too vain, I'm loving my bag and nail varnish co-ordination. Snazzy, right? In terms of other colouring, for once I think my paleness does me well. It's a great contrast against the black and grey tones of my outfit. The colours are very dark though, watch this space and you might just see my version of this dress in the summer. Wouldn't that be good?

Oh well, for now all I can do is be sublimely happy that charity shops offer me such riches, and I really do hope that there are people out there who love them as much as me. If only they spoke up more often, but alas people don't like to seem cheap...

6 comments:

Jodie Marie said...

The necklace is indeed gorgeous! I love rummaging around charity shops and probably bought most of my favourite clothes in one.

Martha Woods said...

Lovely outfit!! I love the pop of dark color with that bag. And the jewelry is fab :)

Seepz said...

The Dress and the Necklace are great finds! You have styled it really well!

I like how you call Fashion a mask and the quote too!

xx
http://that-sassy-girl.blogspot.com/

Gen said...

Such a lovely outfit!

Kristen { Hello Monday Design } said...

Love that whole outfit, but that necklace is gorgeous!

Greta* said...

pretty outfit;)X


http://throughartrelatedtofashion.blogspot.com/

Post a Comment