Tuesday, 2 April 2013

March favourites


Another month has passed and not only has Spring finally begun (although the weather is determined for us to stay wrapped up in 100 different layers), but I’ve turned 17, Genie returned from boarding school and we all went to watch Mini in her School production of Footloose. Congrats by the way honey, it was bloody marvellous. Along the way the girls and I have come up with another four favourites of ours which we love to pieces, and just have to share with you.

BELLE’S FAVOURITE: SLEEK MAKEUP GLO HIGHLIGHTER IN 'PEACH SHIMMER'

Being the utter make-up virgin of the group, I don’t know what highlighter actually is... However, I’m brilliant at repurposing things for my own use! I found this in my mum’s drawer, and seeing that it had similar shades to my Urban Decay Palette for a sixth of the price, I got stuck in. I must stress that I know that it’s not actually an eye shadow, but it works so well. I use the lightest shade as a base, and use the orange shade for my crease and literally only use my fingers. Point is, I’ve got compliments! Girls regularly tell me that they love my eye shadow and the boys... well, they don’t notice, as usual. However, I’ll keep up the act for my friend who gets happy every time she sees my eyes and calls them little ‘sun sets’. I really think I bat for the wrong team, dammit.

ZEE’S FAVOURITE: PASTEL NAIL VARNISH

It’s very, very rare for anyone to find me without nail varnish on. I’m one of “those girls” who changes their nail varnish colour weekly and gets REALLY annoyed when they chip. This means I am always on the lookout for those ‘nail trends’ that circle the fashion world more and more often now. This spring pastels are back… and in a BIG way! And not only are they some of the most beautiful colours, but they also just remind me of ice cream. So I’ve picked out a few of my favourite pastels and will be looking out for more as the season continues. Barry M ‘Peach Melba’ (np318), ‘Mint Green’ (np304) and ‘Stawberry Ice Cream’(np309)Collection ‘Candy Floss’ and ‘Button Moon’ all ‘hit the nail on the head’ when it comes to pastel shades and will be my staple nails for a long while.

MINI’S FAVOURITE: BLUE AND SILVER PROM DRESS FROM TKMAXX

My favourite item this month is my blue and silver prom show dress for £20 from TKMaxx. I wore it during the final scene of my musical, Footloose, and I got so many compliments on it, it was lovely. No one believed  that it was such a bargain, because, it looks like it's worth an awful lot more as there's a tonne of material and glitter. The ribbon straps were added by me, originally it was strapless, but, overexcited dancing + strapless dress = tragedy - and there was no way I was flashing anything on stage. I wanted to be remembered for my performance, nothing else.

GENIE’S FAVOURITE: PHOTO BOOTH PHOTO

This is my favourite thing this month because it always makes me smile. It was taken on one of my best friends’ birthdays and we had a struggle to get those five photos. The four of us pushed our-selves in the tiny, tiny booth with our shopping bags but it was so worth it. Those five photos I will have forever and the memories from that day come back every time I look at them. It's one of my favourite set of photos.

1 comment:

Trina said...

Ooh, I love that highlighter/eyeshadow compact. Such pretty colors!

Post a Comment