Monday, 29 April 2013

Monday's music mix #30

'WHAT A NIGHT'- THE LOVEABLE ROGUES

MINI SAYS... When 3 Essex boys get together and produce a record, you would be assuming TOWIE, wannabe, famous types. These lads are nothing like that. They're amazing musicians with stunning voices, and I've had this song stuck in my head constantly this week. It's their debut single, and I'm really excited to see what else will come of them.

'FARMER & HIS GUN'- CHARLIE SIMPSON

BELLE SAYS... Amongst my revision I found myself listening to the bands of childhood; one band was Busted. I looked up pictures of what they look like now, and found Charlie Simpson's bushy eyebrows surprisingly attractive (I blame Cara Delevingne for this). So yes, I proceeded in stalking, and found this little ditty. I think it's lovely, and is far cry from the pop sounds of Busted. It's a 'guy with a guitar' song, and that usually goes down pretty well in my book, pretty well indeed.

'GOODBYE MR A'- THE HOOSIERS

ZEE SAYS... I have been doing a lot of walking around this week, and I've found that I need up-beat music to walk to. The has proven to be one of those perfect songs that will get me from the bottom of the hill to the top while walking to college. Whatever happened to The Hoosiers? They seem to have released one hit of an album and then dropped off the music radar, which is why I hate the music industry sometimes. But I will keep flying my flag for them, and I hope others do too.

'I HATE'- PASSENGER

GENIE SAYS... I have fallen in love with this song- totally head over heels. It is a song about hating things in life. The lyrics are so beautifully crafted. They make you laugh because they are so true and then make you question society, and what it's doing to us. They suddenly it will make you smile again. Utterly brilliant. I've been listening to it non-stop, and it's been making revising so much easier. You have to listen to it. It's my new love.

No comments:

Post a Comment