Thursday, 11 April 2013

Review: The Host (the movie)

‘The Host’ is a new movie that was released here in the UK back at the end of March, and my sister managed to drag the whole family to watch it this week. I had my worries about this movie; the trailer personally didn't look that convincing, and also it was originally a book written by Stephenie Meyer- bad twilight connections. It's safe to say I went to watch this movie prepared to be disappointed, but in all honesty it was a decent film.

The storyline itself was a good one. Aliens invade earth and taken the position of a human’s body taking over their minds without really killing them. However, there are still humans fighting them off trying to survive. Melanie is taken, but she had promised her younger brother to come back, and she had never broken her promise. She starts to fight the alien off having internal confrontations, trying to make sure that she keeps her promise. I wish I could give you more of the story line, because trust me it gets much more complicated than that. If you really want more detail there is always google, but that would just ruin the movie, and I mean really ruin the movie.

I will obviously give Stephenie Meyer the credit she must receive for writing this story line, and the give the cast all round too because they did brilliantly, especially Saoirse Ronan. I’ve got to say  (not that I have personal experience), I'm sure playing an Alien that is having an internal mental fight with your character is a bit of a struggle, but boy she did well. 

1 comment:

Martha Woods said...

I'd like to see this movie but I also have qualms since I didn't like Twilight! I'll probably rent it when it comes out on DVD. It looks like a good girls' night in movie.

Post a Comment