Wednesday, 17 April 2013

The battle of the e.l.f primers: e.l.f. mineral eyeshadow primer vs. e.l.f. eyelid primer


So I didn’t plan on getting both of these products, but after receiving a mystery bag appearing with the mineral primer in it I decided to test which of the two is the best...

E.L.F. EYELID PRIMER (£1.50):

Having heard Genie rant and rave about this primer, I decided to pop it into my shopping bag the last time I ordered a couple of bits from e.l.f. (well quite a few bits actually). This primer says that it ‘sets eye shadow for long lasting colour, the ultra-sheer, nude colour works to increase eye colour longevity, and the lightweight liquid formula quickly absorbs into skin for comfortable wear’ – apart from being a mouthful this stuff really does work. It stops my eye shadow from creasing and keeps it together for the whole day.

E.L.F. MINERAL EYE SHADOW PRIMER (£3):

‘No Parabens. No Preservatives. No Chemical dyes.’ This primer was not one I bought but was sent in a free mystery bag which I ordered over the Easter weekend. The mineral primer has Vitamins A, C & E in it which aim to prevent aging and moisturise the skin. It stops my eye shadow from creasing and I’ve used this under cream and powder eye shadow  and it works well for both.

So which is the best buy? I see no difference in these two primers at all. That is my honest opinion, I’ve even used one primer on one eye and one on the other and there’s no difference. They have the same consistency, the same shade, the same smell and the same applicator. I would definitely buy the normal eyelid primer again as it really does work and is only £1.50. If you want to spend double the price go ahead and buy the mineral primer, but they’re both the same really, by my standards anyway.

2 comments:

Charlie said...

Ive used the eylid primer before and for £1.50 you cant really go wrong its such a bargain Charlie xx

Stephanie Scarpa said...

It's so lovely that you have this blog together! I just started following you, feel free to follow back if you want to!

Xx
/Stephanie / http:// mydarlingsolitude.blogspot.com

Post a Comment