Friday, 31 May 2013

DIY: Polka dot nails


WHAT YOU NEED:
  • Two shades of the same colour 
  • Two bobby pins
  • Clear top/base coat


METHOD:

Playing around with my nails is one of my favourite procrastination techniques and as it is exam period (eek) I find I need my nails looking extra special... Well who wants to write long boring essays with rubbish nails? I love these nails and got so many compliments for them – as I always seem to do – I chose a pink tone for my nails but why not try blue, or green, or even black and silver! They’ll suit for any occasion and look really trendy and they are super easy to do.

  1. Firstly base coat your nails- I usually skip this stage, but I've been finiding that my nail varnish actually lasts remarkably longer if I do a base coat.
  2. Paint your nails with the darker colour first, or pick lighter colour, or you can even alternate them - like I have - whichever tickles your fancy.
  3. Once the first layer is dry do a second layer – I just find this makes the colour a lot stronger and stops it being streaky.
  4. Then take one of you bobby pins and dip the tip of it into your bottle – the alternative colour to which your nail is painted obviously – and then proceed to dot on the colour to the top of the nail.
  5. Once you’ve done every nail and let them dry seal it all in with a coat of clear nail varnish.

WHAT I USED:

1 comment:

Poptartsandsex said...

Your nails are SO cute! xx

www.poptartsandsexx.blogspot.co.uk

Post a Comment