Monday, 6 May 2013

Monday's music mix #31

'AIN'T MISBEHAVIN''- FATS WALLER

MINI SAYS... I thought I'd attempt a musical education slightly. Welcome to the jazz age, the roaring 20s and 30s. With the Great Gatsby coming out this year, who wouldn't like to know a bit about it. My real reason for picking this song is that some of my friends are in a Jazz Band (one is the guitarist, one the drummer, one the singer/trumpet player and the other the double bassist) and they played a concert/showreel type thing on Thursday night. This was one of the songs they played and I haven't been able to get it out of my head since.

'(I JUST) DIED IN YOUR ARMS'- CUTTING CREW (CHARLIE SIMPSON COVER)

BELLE SAYS... So I might just be on a Charlie Simpson high right now... I don't even get why, he's blonde... (if you know, you would understand that I'm not just being shallow when I say that). All shallowness aside, I think it might be because he has a smoker's voice, it's deep and dark without being too gritty. Also, there's a harmonica!

'KILL THE DIRECTOR'- THE WOMBATS

ZEE SAYS... I think it was Mini who originally lent me their albums. Having never thought I was a fan of them, I was surprised when I found myself wandering around college humming this tune. The Wombats have an eclectic mix of music and I find this tune is the one that gets me walking up the hill every morning... I think there's a trend going on here!

'HIGH HOPES'- KODALINE

GENIE SAYS... This band is my new love and I fell in love with them because of this song. They did a beautiful accapella version in the middle of Paris with people walking by but they still sound just brilliant. I get shivers all down my spine hearing it. They are amazing, and I truly wish I could see them live and soon

No comments:

Post a Comment