Monday, 13 May 2013

Monday's music mix #32

'JUNKER BLUES'- HUGH LAURIE AND THE COPPER COTTON BAND

MINI SAYS...I love this kind of music, slow, smooth and, almost seductive to the point where you just have to move your body to that slow beat. If you don't know of Hugh Laurie, he's an actor by profession (anyone heard of House?) and also an amazing jazz singer. His voice sets the tone for this old style blues song along with the members of his jazz band; The Copper Bottom Band. I can just imagine this song playing in the hot haze of the summer, with the BBQ on and the Pimms out. Friends together celebrating the summer with the blues.

'WAKE ME UP BEFORE YOU GO-GO'- WHAM! (GLEE COVER)

BELLE SAYS... Maaah, I've been really naughty. I've been dancing around my room instead of doing work. Oh my, I'm destined to fail, aren't I? I blame it on Darren Criss. He's going to be getting a lot slack in August if my results come back and they're awful. This cover is just way too catchy, and my heels are getting a lot of use because of it. Criss, be warned...

'DEMONS'- IMAGINE DRAGONS

ZEE SAYS... You know how YouTube now tells you what videos others have liked? Well this is how I found out about this. Genie had previously liked it, I had heard of the band and was curious, I clicked on it and immediately fell in love with the music video. It's incredibly inspiring and tells us that whatever demons are in our lives we shouldn't let them stop us from enjoying life. It was also a very catchy tune, so be warned!

No comments:

Post a Comment