Wednesday, 15 May 2013

Review: Iron Man 3


So, it being a beautiful sunny bank holiday Monday and a scorching 21 degrees in places, some of my guy friends and I decided we'd make the most of the day. By going to the cinema. I feel I should point out here that my friends picked the movie and you should remember that a) they're male (this stuff appeals to them) and b) they're all really rather nerdy. I on the other hand, haven't seen Iron Man 1 or 2 and when I questioned my friend he was unable to explain what happened in either of them. I had, however, seen the Avengers Assemble and this film carries on from there.

SUMMARY:
Tony Stark (Robert Downey Jr) is living with his love Pepper Potts (Gwyneth Paltrow) however, Stark is finding it hard to get over his near death experience (at the end of Avengers Assemble) and has holed himself away. His business, whilst being run by Potts is approached by an ex-boyfriend of Potts and acquaintance of Stark's, Aldrich Killian who is trying to 'fix' human DNA but having some major problems. Like the doses of his medicine causing people to explode. Coupled with a terrorist plot led by the mysterious 'Mandarin' and a small hick town out the back of nowhere with an (about) 8 year old kid and you know something dramatic is about to happen.

OVERALL VIEW:
I really did enjoy this film. Not gonna lie. Admittedly I love Robert Downey Jr, and am a slight MARVEL fanatic but this is a great film to watch if you love action and adventure. I got dead depressed about the ending (however I shan't tell y'all what happens) and I'm hoping it doesn't mean what I think. Only downer for me was the fat kid sat down the isle who decided to rustle his way through 6 bags of sweets and numerous canned fizzy drinks so my wonderful film got interrupted with "fu-chhhh" constantly. 

1 comment:

dtmmr.com said...

It’s a strange angle they decide to take with Stark, but it’s one that works in showing him as a true hero. Good review Mini.

Post a Comment