Wednesday, 12 June 2013

DIY: Marc Jacobs' 'Daisy' inspired nails

My everyday perfume is Marc Jacob's 'Daisy' and I decided to do a nail tutorial based on the bottle, which is stunning. I thought they would fit perfectly now we're coming into summer and they will really give me a boost in the rain.

METHOD:
  1. Apply a base coat and then apply a base colour. I used turquoise but pale pink would also look good. You can pretty much get away with any colour with this design. Leave the base to dry.
  2. Using a nail pen create flower shapes of different sizes. I found the easiest ways to be a) drawing the shape and then filling it in, or b) creating a blob of polish and then dragging it out into the right shape. Leave it to dry.
  3. Place a blob of brown polish as the centre of your flower, followed by a blob of gold. You could just use plain gold, but mine was quite sheer and the brown gives a nice colour for it to sit on top of. Leave to dry. Remember to add a top coat and you're done!
WHAT I USED:

2 comments:

Morgan Head said...

They look really cute, think I may attempt this x

Alexandra Marie said...

Those are so lovely! New follower via Bloglovin' <3 Alex

http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/4239571/into-the-woods

Post a Comment