Thursday, 4 July 2013

"Let me not play a woman; I have a beard coming"

BELLE WEARS... TOP: NEXT, SKIRT: PATRI COLLECTION U.S.A, SHOES: ZARA & BELT: N/A
ZEE WEARS... MATALAN, NECKLACE: NEW LOOK & BANGLES: PRIMARK
MINI WEARS... DRESS: TOPSHOP, EARRINGS: MONSOON & RINGS: DEBENHAMS

I promise you that we are not growing beards, I just ruddy love that quote. I felt obliged to share it with the world! Now, cultured ones, look at us being all colour coordinated. Blue and white darling, blue and white. 

Being the hostess I felt obliged to dress like the Belle of the ball, even if only for my name sake. I think the velvet-y materials of the skirt and the gold in that belt nailed it. Oh, and of course there's the headdress. Sorry, it's easy to forget about that. Don't worry darling, there is a post about how to make yourself one of those. I must say that all credit must be attributed to mother dearest- she is a talented little soul. Lola (a friend previously mentioned said I looked very slender) which can obviously be attributed to my boney self and my maxi skirt. Great combination in this case...

Then there's Mins and Zee. My gosh, don't they just look as pretty as darn picture. They really are coordinated to the max. I can't say much about my little chickadees here except that they're beautiful and I love them.

How would you approach a garden party theme? I would say go for something light, and airy. Something quite feminine usually goes down like a treat. It's a fine line between dressy and casual but the shops are full of stuff which covers this criteria. As for the midsummer night's dream theme... Think garden party with an edge of fanciness. Think about extreme garden partying if there ever was such a thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment