Monday, 8 July 2013

Review: Volum' Express The Falsies Waterproof Mascara


I watch Tanya Burr on YouTube, she’s a fab make-up artist and has raved about this mascara for ages, so I just had to get me one. I picked up the water proof version (Maybelline Volum' Express The Falsies Waterproof Mascara) as I knew I would be going on holiday with water, sweat and sun and would therefore want it to last really well. Also, I thought that I could put it through its paces and find out just how waterproof it is.

After applying it relatively evenly with the brush (I love the fact it’s not a plastic wand), I was super happy with my lashes and I set out to see how well it would last when I was in the pool. Answer: wonderfully, it didn’t rub off or smudge and it even stayed on through my shower I had afterwards. Now that’s what I call a waterproof mascara.

However, as it had stayed on through the pool and shower I was eager to see how well it came off with my oil-based make up remover. Again, the answer is pretty easily, I didn’t have to stand there tugging at my lashes for ages like I do with Benefit's ‘They’re real’ so I was extremely happy and am now waiting to see how long it lasts as my Soap & Glory mascara has lasted almost 6 months.

One downside I will say is that I don’t personally like the packaging, I think it just cheap looking and horrible, but the mascara makes up for that entirely.

1 comment:

Mahsa said...

The application and removal process sounds like a dream! May just have to purchase this :)
x

Post a Comment