Friday, 13 September 2013

Chocolate core cupcakes



My mama and I were in TKMaxx last week trying to find school shoes (it didn't happen), and I can across some baking instruments. One of them was a cupcake corer which I have been wanting for ages as it will allow me to make some interestingly flavoured cupcakes (Jaffa Cake cupcake anyone?) and for £2 you can't really go wrong. I decided to test it out and based these cakes on my favourite biscuits. They're French and they're almost 2 rich tea biscuits with chocolate spread sandwiched between them and they're my life. Our friends bring me back a box of them every year and you can't really get much better.

INGREDIENTS:
  • Butter
  • Sugar
  • Self raising flour
  • Eggs
  • Chocolate spread (mine is Chocolate with Butterscotch pieces from IKEA)
  • Icing sugar
METHODS:
  1. I went through my simple cupcake recipe, creaming together 4oz (112g) of butter and sugar before adding 2 eggs and mixing. I then sift and add 4oz of flour to the mix, separate into cupcake cases and bake at 180 degrees for about 20 mins or until golden in colour and springy to the touch. Remove from the baking tray and leave them to cool. Once the cakes had cooled I used the corer to remove the central section of the cake. You can probably do this just as easily with a knife. Scoff the cake that's removed. 
  2. Fill the holes with chocolate spread.
  3. Then ice your cake...

2 comments:

Kate Lees said...

Yum! They look so delicious! Thanks for sharing the recipe x

http://raincheckfortimbuktu.blogspot.com.au/

Rebecca Jane said...

These look bloody yummy! I've never thought to do cupcakes with a chocolate core but i am definitely going to be doing this now :)

Thanks for the recipe, and for following me, now following your lovely blog.

http://right-up-my-street.blogspot.com

xo

Post a Comment