Tuesday, 10 September 2013

Let's keep lilac in bloom

As many of us are just starting our first full week back at school or college after the lengthy summer break, I thought I would share my new favourite colour that I love to wear on my eyes... Lilac. It's the perfect transitional colour from the freedom of summer to the somewhat dreariness of education. Before you run away and hide under your duvets, lilac is a really subtle colour to wear on your eyelids and it can be mixed really easily with 'more natural colours'. I promise that there's no reason to be scared about looking like you've been punched.


METHOD:
  1. Start with an eyelid primer. It's just a given if you want that colour to last all day. I personally love the e.l.f. Eyelid Primer as it lasts for a really long time and stops my eyeshadow from moving around my face which is obviously the most important thing.
  2. Choose a light base colour. This not only helps blend the eyeshadows evenly but also helps the colours which you have chosen to pop and stand out.
  3. Choose a darker colour (I went for a gold/brown colour from my MUA Undress MeToo Palette) for your crease and blend with the same eyeshadow brush.
  4. Take your lilac eyeshadow and blend a little onto and into the crease of your eyelid. This will give you a nice purple hue. I also took the purple and ran the almost empty brush underneath my waterline and this brought the whole look together and created a little bit of a winged out effect which I liked. 
  5. I then lined my eyes using black eyeshadow and used 2 coats of my Maybelline Volum' Express The Falsies Mascara to bring the whole eye look together.

It is entirely accurate to say that I love this eye look. I have now vowed to myself that I will try to include some more colours in my eye makeup during this coming school year, so why don't you just do the same? Along with those new pens and notebooks, shove a lilac eyeshadow in your shopping bag and have fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment