Friday, 11 October 2013

Gimme some inspiration: Dior's 'Hypnotic Poison'


I recently received a Dior perfume set, and am getting a lot of inspiration from the perfumes I found inside. This look comes from the Dior 'Hypnotic Poison' perfume. It's dark undertones and red core proved the perfect inspiration for my recent look at a party. I felt like a sumptuous little nymph, if there ever was one.

FACE:
I did as I always do: firstly I applied my foundation as a base and then used my concealer afterwards to cover my blemishes. I use the Match Perfection Foundation in '010 Light Porcelain', and as it doesn't give a particularly thick naturally, I had to layer it up a bit more for the party. However this, combined with using my Lasting Perfection Concealer in 'Fair' seemed to work perfectly to give my an even skin tone- to the eye at least. It really did work some magic, I must say, I had a terrible breakout on my chin before the party, and I do mean terrible. You might think I'm lying or that the photo has been airbrushed, but neither is true, the combination of these two products really did work make-up miracles. Lastly, I topped it off with a tad bit of blusher and bronzer using my little Clinique set. With such statement eyes and lips, I had to tread carefully to avoid looking like a clown, so I focused on giving myself cheekbones as opposed to red cheeks by using the True Bronze Pressed Powder Bronzer in 'Sunkissed' and the Soft-Pressed Powder Blusher in 'Mocha Pink', all applied using the Ariane Poole Make-up Powder Brush, a handy little retractable brush.

EYES:
The eyes had to be pretty, without drawing attention away from those lips. I decided to use the more neutral and golden tones in my Urban Decay Naked Palette using the Urban Decay Good Karma Shadow Brush and the Bare Escentuals Wet/Dry Shadow Brush. I outlined my eyes using my trusty L'Oreal Paris Super Eye Liner, and topped my lashes off with my Benefit They're Real! Mascara. Ooh, then there's the eyebrows, and I do like a good pair of eyebrows which I did with the help of my No7 Beautiful Brows Pencil.

LIPS:
Only one little thing: L'Oreal Color Riche Liptsick in 'Red Passion'. Popped that on, and boom I embodied that little perfume to the core.

PRODUCTS:

7 comments:

ANDYSTYLE said...

you look beautiful :)

Signe said...

Love the lipstick!!! You should model, your face is perfect for it! xx

aclassystateofgrace.blogspot.com

Aimée said...

This is such a beautiful look! I'm loving a bright red lip at the moment :)
Aimée Xx

dress-it-up-6.blogspot.co.uk

Heather said...

Gorgeous makeup! x

Heather | Of Beauty & Nothingness

Vicki Skitt said...

You are gorgeous! The red lipstick suits you so well
victoriajanex
xx

Ohgaladriel said...

You look so much like Vanessa Paradis! Love your beauty! What about the makeup - I'll definitely try it one day! ;))

Vivid said...

Wow! Great make up! And fantastic lipstick! : )

Post a Comment