Tuesday, 1 October 2013

September 'Back to school' survival kit

Favourites of the month are always discussed on the blogosphere and the London-Bred Ladies are no exception to that. September may now be over and out, but school and all other forms of works still continue (or begin for some). Some of these items have been getting me through the worst of my ‘back to school days’ and as the doom and gloom of winter weather starts to set in.

RIMMEL DREAM TERRA SUN BRONZER IN 'LEOPARD':
Oh, how I wish I had a glowing tan all year round, unfortunately every year the tan that disappears first is my face. So I use a huge brush and swirl some of this all over my face to make myself look a little more bronzed. You can also use bronzer for contouring, but, this is a little orange for my skin tone so it looks better when all over my face.

BLACK EYESHADOW:
Being a lover of sleep, I like to do my make-up super quickly in the morning. Therefore I have swapped to using eyeshadow to line my eyes. I feel eyeliner is something that can go horribly wrong but using a thin angled brush it’s really easy to sweep a line across your eyelids. It is quite difficult to create anything other than a line, so, if you want a cat eye, stick with the gel or liquid liner, but for a really quick morning use eyeshadow. I’ve been using my 'MUA Undress Me Too Palette' and the colour 'Corrupt'.

MAYBELLINE COLOUR TATTOO CREAM GEL SHADOW IN 'ETERNAL GOLD' AND 'ON AND ON BRONZE':
I always go on about these colour tattoos and they have become easily one of my favourite products once again. They are so quick to just slap on and blend out and they also last for a really long time so they are brilliant for a morning when running late. Just use your finger and pat it over your eyelid add on the eyeshadow eyeliner and some mascara and you are all good to go.

NEW PHONE AND IPOD CASE:
Who doesn’t love a new iPod or Phone case? I certainly do and as I destroy my gadget cases, oh so regularly, I needed a new one. I found both on eBay for relatively cheaply and I love them. It’s funny how a new phone case can make your phone seem so new. And, I know this isn’t specifically a ‘Back to School’ favourite, but, I just had to show you as they make me happy – weird but true.

1 comment:

Erin said...

Love the Iron Man case! :)

Post a Comment