Saturday, 23 November 2013

Winter is coming


I had a moment at the end of last month where I looked at my make-up and realised I was getting stuck in a rut. Yes, when something works for you, that's great, but to be wearing the same make-up look day after day was wearing - to the point where owning that many red lipsticks was unnecessary. My go-to look tends to be 50's style winged liner on a neutral base with either a bright red lip or a pink toned balm. And yes, I'm now a perfectionist about winged eyeliner.

With this urge to do something different, my friends and I popped into Boots during our lunch-hour, which was entertaining to say the least as I saw the look of horror appear on the faces of 7 or so teenage guys as they were confronted with 3 overexcited girls and the make-up aisle.

My friend picked this lipstick out and my conclusion was 'Why not?' It appears a bit redder in the photos than I would say it does in real life; it's more of a maroon/burgundy colour. First of all I had no clue on what to pair it with but it looks great with this season's trend - velvet matte skin - and a simple neutral eye. Just white shadow on my brow-bone and tear duct, pale nude on my lids and a pale taupe in my crease. The white creates a bright enough eye to contrast with the bold lip and makes you look awake and alert which is something we could all do with. I used a bronzer to sculpt my cheekbones and added a tad of bronzer as I always look deathly pale in the winter months.

Lipstick: Collection Gothic Glam Lipstick in '3 - Revenge'
Skin: No.7 Stay Perfect Liquid Foundation in 'Calico', Avon Personal Match Liquid Concealer in 'Fair', Benefit Lemonaid, Rimmel London Match Perfection Loose Face Powder, Benefit 'Hoola' Bronzer, Bourjois Chocolate Bronzer
Eyes: Front Cover Palette, Benefit 'They're Real' Mascara

Belle apologises profusely for not publishing this with Mini's name at the bottom, it really and truly is hers.

1 comment:

Signe said...

Love the lipstick color you're wearing, it looks so pretty on you!!

aclassystateofgrace.blogspot.com

Post a Comment